Welcome to the EcoDiving, the diving you get involved with!
What is Ecodiving?
Ecotourism: “Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people”
The idea of the ecodiving appears from mixing both the world of diving together with the concept of a sustainable tourism. This time you are involved in marine conservation.
How do you become responsible?
Because your actions in your visit to Bali this time will count. You are about to be involved in the world of diving from a different point of view. Part of your dives will be used for scientific and conservation purposes. You will help the promotion of a Marine Protected Area by collecting underwater data or you will release a turtle hatchling to help in the conservation of an endangered species.
How do you improve well-being of local people?
These actions you take are helping and supporting the local community projects and local NGOs that are involved in marine conservation or restoration of the marine environments.
Who are you helping when you participate in an ecodiving safari or dive?
Depending on what part of Bali you want to dive at, you will be helping one of the main marine conservation NGOs present in the area. By taking an ecosafari you will actively promote and support the following innitiatives:
- Karya Segara: Coral Reef Restoration and bay seahorse nursery
- Turtle Center Educational Center: Prevents ilegal baby turtle egg poaching, recovery center and release
- The Reef Check Organisation: Underwater surveys for Marine Protected Area Promotion
- The Friends of Menjangan: Care and protection of Menjangan island
- GUS Foundation: Environmental education and waste treatment
- Bali Sea Turtle Society: Turtle hatchling nursery and release
|9 Dives + 7 Eco ProjectsAreas We Dive: Serangan Island, Gili Manuk, Menjangan Island, Tulamben, Amed Area, Sanur, Nusa PenidaEco Projects and Activities:Karya Segara Reef Restorati ...|
|7 DIVES (1 NIGHT DIVE) + 3 Eco ProjectsAreas We Dive: Tulamben, Amed areaEco Projects and Activities: ReefcheckOrganisation Indonesia – Learn about marine monitoring and con ...|